Raw Gold is a proudly South African product; Raw Gold Shea Butter is an all-natural, unrefined Shea butter which encourages the healing, and strengthening of your hair, and skin. Raw Gold’s Shea Butter is a pure, single ingredient fact product which makes it excellent for sensitive skin types and those prone to allergic reactions.
Raw Gold is a range of plant-based hair and body care products. The pure, organic creations from Raw Gold are made with ethically sourced ingredients, which actively support and enhance the overall health of your skin and hair.
I used two of their products: The Whipped Hair Treatment and The Body Butter. First will tell you about the Whipped Hair Treatment.
Whipped Hair Treatment
- Stimulates circulation to your scalp, and encourages the growth of your hair.
- Helps to alleviate the symptoms & heal the cause of scalp irritations.
- Naturally antibacterial and anti fungal.
- Moisturizes & softens dry, curly or damaged hair.
- Peppermint & Eucalyptus oil leaves the skin feeling crisp,
clean & reinvigorated.
- Suitable for African & Caucasian hair. Can also be used as a serum or leave-in treatment.
- Free of all parabans & additives. Vegan friendly.
What I loved about this product was the smell, the soft peppermint smell was not over powering. I used it on my scalp before cleansing my hair. I avoided using it all over my hair, I did add a little to the ends of my hair. It left my scalp feeling light and fresh. The application was also really easy. The product melts once you rub your hands together, giving you access to all it’s goodness.
Next the Body Butter:
• Deeply moisturizes, and softens your skin everywhere. Non-comogenic.
• Alleviates dry, irritated patches and soothes/heals excema or dry skin conditions.
• Heals, and hydrate cracked skin.
• Works wonders on wrinkles, stretch-marks and puffyness.
• Plumps & firms the skin.
• Smells delicious.
• Coconut oil is a vegan-friendly, antibacterial alternative to beeswax.
I used the Body Butter throughout winter in South Africa and my skin loved it. I used it in the evening, and I woke up every morning with soft, hydrated skin. It melts onto the skin giving it the added moisture that is needed especially during winter. I really enjoyed using it.
My overall thoughts.
Both products are amazing, my hair does not like unrefined shea butter, hence me only using it on my scalp and the ends of my hair. The texture of both products is not too hard, after scooping it out of the container, and rubbing it onto the palms of your hands it melts. Both products smell amazing. They are natural products that work really well.