I am all for hair products, but what I am more in favour of is the cheapest and best way to get your hair healthy and strong.
Many of us, young and old experience dry scalp. The best way to help with dry scalp is by using Apple Cider Vinegar. Yes, something we can find in our nearest grocery store and is cost efficient. There are other ways, but today’s post is focusing on Apple Cider Vinegar.
9 Reasons to Use Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
- Balance Hair and Sebum pH. – Hair is on the mildly acidic side of the pH scale, and has an ideal pH of 4.5 to 5.5, which is close to that of an ACV rinse (pH 2.9). This rinse is great for bringing the pH back to where it’s supposed to be after shampooing.
2) Antibacterial and Antifungal Properties. – Helps with any scalp infections like dandruff, dry scalp ect.
3) Cleansing and Clarifying – If you don’t want to use a shampoo, ACV will clean and clarify your hair.
4) Add Natural Body and Define Curls – Fuller hair and more defined curls.
5) Detangle – ACV softens hair and helps the detangling process.
6) Reduce Frizz– Yay, to less frizz and more defined curls.
7) Add Shine – Adds a natural shine to your hair.
8) Stimulate Hair Growth and Prevent Hair Loss – What most of us girls want.
9) Prevent Split Ends and Breakage – Less split ends and breakage means longer hair.
With all these benefits why not add it to your wash day
How to Mix it
Add a half cup of Apple Cider Vinegar to one cup of water.
- Put it in a spray bottle and spritz your scalp OR
- Pour the mixture into a jug and pour it over your hair as a rinse THEN
- Massage scalp.
- Optional to rinse it off with water.
- Do this after you wash your hair with shampoo.
Personally I use the second application method every week, and it is something I will never take out of my wash day routine. Many may not like the smell, but after you rinse it off with water, the smell is gone. Many people always tell me my hair looks healthy and shiny, and I give Apple Cider Vinegar a lot of credit for the overall health of my hair. I do not have dry scalp, because I use ACV, plus I get all the added benefits that ACV offer.